Members of My Afro Caribbean Wedding forums will need to abide by all our rules and guidelines. You must not:
- Post libelous, insulting, antagonistic, racist, aggressive or otherwise abusive remarks about any individual or company either within forum posts or the PM (Private Message) system. We reserve the right to read the relevant PM or PMs where we receive a complaint that a forum user has received a PM or PMs breaking this rule.
- Post swear words in such a way as to circumvent the forums built-in swear word removal system (including in signatures)
- Post any images or text which are pornographic or violent or otherwise inappropriate for the viewing by younger and older people alike
- Promote websites which contain inappropriate material (such as pornography) or which are in competition with the My Afro Caribbean Wedding forums.
- Using the My Afro Caribbean Wedding forums via posts or PMs or in your profile to invite people to competing forums or websites is a bannable offense and we reserve the right to check PMs should we believe this is happening.
- Post any spam. People posting spam will be instantly and permanently banned and their posts will be deleted.
- Solicit business by creating a post solely for that purpose. We do allow registered users who have a listing in the My Afro Caribbean Wedding suppliers section to respond to a post which has a specific request for information about a particular product or service. Creating such a post to solicit business is strictly forbidden.
- Create their new threads in more than one forum. (Doing so is called cross-posting). You should pick the single most appropriate forum for your message. Duplicate posts will be deleted.
- Use images from 3rd parties websites without their permission. Linking to an image on someone else’s website without their permission is also forbidden.
- Include details of a company within their signature. The only exception to this rule is if the member’s business advertises within the My Afro Caribbean Wedding suppliers or venues section in which case they can include their name and business contact details (with hyperlink) in their signature.
- Have an inappropriate login name. We do not permit a login name which breaks any of the rules above or includes a business name. The only exception to this rule is if the member’s business advertises within the My Afro Caribbean Wedding suppliers or venues section in which case they can include their business name in their login name.
- Register more than once. Doing so will get one or both registrations and all the posts deleted.
- Question the judgments or actions of forum moderators. They are far too busy to enter into discussions or arguments.
- Use advert blocking software or plugins to block advertisements that appear in the My Afro Caribbean Wedding forums.
- We find that the vast majority of forum members have no problem with the above rules. However, if any of them are broken, then moderators will take appropriate action to ensure the forums remain a pleasant place to visit.
For Sale forum rules – Updated 8th August 2013
Members of these forums must not:
- All items listed in the For Sale Forum must have a sale price of £50 or less.
- Multiple items must be listed separately (although they can be in the same post) if their combine value exceeds £50.
- Multiple items with a combined value of £50 or less are fine.
- Prices must be specified – if your sale has no prices included it will be removed.
- Any item that exceeds the price limit of £50 and does not comply with the rules of the forum will be removed.
- Links to external sale sites such as eBay are not permitted.
- As with the other forums, links to rival sites are not accepted and will be removed.
Disputes with moderators
If any forum member feels they would like to dispute a moderator’s decision, then they should send a private message or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the full details of the issue. We will then investigate and endeavor to resolve the situation.
Please read the additional rules below.
Additional and more detailed rules and guidelines
New members may find the following guidelines useful. They are here to help you make the most of the My Afro Caribbean Wedding forums.
- Signatures are there to let people know who you are and perhaps also what you are using the discussion forum for. We strongly encourage people to include their first name as this encourages the friendly nature of the forums.
- Please do not post text in ALL UPPER CASE. The internet community considers this to be SHOUTING and therefore discourteous.
- Please avoid using txt speak. There is plenty of capacity for creating eloquent, correctly punctuated posts. Txt speak will not get a good response from forum members and is likely to be deleted by moderators.
- When posting a new topic or a reply to an existing topic, please hit the Submit button once only. If there is a delay before your post is processed, please do not hit the Submit button again. This may result in your post appearing twice. If this does accidentally happen, then please delete your duplicate post.
- Please post your question once only. Even if you think it is relevant in several forums, you should pick the most relevant and post it there. Your question will be seen by lots of people wherever you post it. Duplicate posts swamp the forums and will most likely get deleted.
- Login names must not be offensive. Additionally there may occasionally be disputes over login names. If you use a login name which is considered to be too similar to an existing user’s login name (to the extent that it would cause confusion) then admin reserve the right to change your login name. Login names must not include business names unless the member is an advertiser with the My Afro Caribbean Wedding as described above.
- If there is a dispute over the use of avatars (small pictures adopted by users and displayed next to their posts), the user who first used an avatar has the option of retaining it and the new user of the avatar will have to select an alternative. We reserve the right to remove people’s avatars as we see fit.
- Please make sure your email address is kept up-to-date. If you change ISP or move jobs etc., please remember to update your profile with your new email address. In addition, if you install a spam filer, please specifically allow My Afro Caribbean Wedding forum emails through. We regularly send out messages to forum members and if an email sent to you bounces back for any reason we may well deactivate your registration.
- And finally, if you find you made an error in your post, we ask you to edit it rather than creating another post correcting the mistake.
Libelous or defamatory comments
In order to protect both you and ourselves, you need to be aware of the rules regarding libelous or defamatory comments.
Quite simply if someone posts a statement here such as ‘don’t buy from retailer x as they are absolutely rubbish’ and someone replies ‘thanks for the warning, I was going to buy from them but will go elsewhere’, then the first post has led to a loss of business from the retailer and is therefore DEFAMATION and ILLEGAL. The retailer could sue the member who wrote the post and sue the forums for publishing it.
Please do not post any such statements. We will remove them immediately.
My Afro Caribbean Wedding is not affiliated to or sympathetic or biased towards any retailer or vendor. If these forums were not independent they would lose the respect and support of visitors both inside the industry and from the general public.
These forums are NOT for the benefit of retailers or suppliers but for the equal benefit of everyone.
By registering with the My Afro Caribbean Wedding forums you consent that all the content you create on the My Afro Caribbean Wedding forums is free of copyright at the point of submission to the My Afro Caribbean Wedding forums and becomes property of Le Sman Media Group (the owners of the My Afro Caribbean Wedding forums) upon submission to the My Afro Caribbean Wedding forums.