My Afro Caribbean Wedding is Hiring!
We are super excited to announce that we are seeking an energetic, eager and talented Wedding Blog Content Editor / Writer based anywhere in Nigeria to join our new brand My Afro Caribbean Wedding Planning Tools. We are a Wedding Planning Tools site for Afro Caribbeans across the UK, USA, Nigeria and Ghana. Find out more About Us.
If you’re passionate about weddings and blogging, have an eye for design, lifestyle and all things chic, then you could be the perfect fit for our very first vacant role.
The Wedding Blog Content Editor / Writer role is an opportunity to write daily about a subject you love, establish yourself in the wedding community and develop your editorial and social media skills. You will play a key role in inspiring and growing My Afro Caribbean Wedding’s readers and followers as well as taking My Afro Caribbean Wedding blog and brand to the next level.
About the Job Role:
- Source selected Wedding Vendors, then create accurate contents about the wedding vendors.
- Create and Develop new content ideas and strategies related to Weddings to inspire our readers
- Selecting up-to 15-35 photos from wedding galleries of images to tell unique story of couples’ proposals, love stories, prewedding, engagement, wedding day and other types of wedding blog posts.
- Writing and editing beautifully presented posts in WordPress.
- Corresponding with our readers, wedding vendors, prospective guest contributors and potential advertisers via comments posted.
- Promoting posts from My Afro Caribbean Wedding across social media to ensure maximum visibility on the web.
- Attending occasional wedding industry events, fairs or shows.
- Anything and everything to help grow My Afro Caribbean Wedding brand and following both online and offline! Note: We are a brand with honest principles and value our integrity highly, so we don’t condone working with users who sell views, social media likes or followers.
The successful candidate will most likely fit into the following questions:
QDo you Know how to Credit Sources and Knowledge of Blogging Best Practices
We require someone with knowledge of blogging best practices, crediting sources, back-linking, internal linking etc.
QDo you value Honesty and Integrity
My Afro Caribbean Wedding Planning Tools is a brand that was founded for Afro Caribbean couples and wedding vendors. Weddings are the most important part of any couples' path to a new chapter, hence we value our couples highly. Our brand respect these values and aim to provide honest information to our readers to inspire them genuinely with great ideas and provide leads to reliable wedding vendors. So we do require someone who share the same values of honesty and integrity.
QAre you able to commit to 14 hours a Week
The role is quite flexible as you can work at any time or any day, but we do require someone who is able to commit to 14 hours a week for the next 3 months from June to September 2018.
QWorking Experience of Blogging and Knowledge of WordPress
Do you have working experience of blogging and knowledge of using wordpress for writing and editing contents? If so, please provide us with a link to genuine posts that you have authored. Note knowledge of using wordpress is not required but desirable.
QStrong writing / grammatical skills and a fun, friendly writing voice
I bet you know this is highly required, we need someone with very strong writing, grammatical skills and a fun friendly writing voice. We don't take life seriously at My Afro Caribbean Wedding, so you must have the fun friendly type of writing voice to your writing skills.
QDo you have access to a phone, computer and a reliable internet connection
This one is also a must, without this you can't even edit contents and blog about weddings. So it is required you have access to a phone. Those days you need to reach out to our founder or chief editor for confirmation or sign off, a phone will be required and obviously reliable internet to be able to create and edit contents for blogging
QAre you Social media savvy
Are you a social media savvy with accounts or experience using Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+? Who isn't these days?
Location: The role is a virtual role, so we require someone based anywhere in Nigeria
Salary: To be determined base on experience
Start Date: June – September (will be extended base on performance).
Perks: Flexible work schedules, Company-sponsored outings, Phone Credit top ups, and you never know gifts items from the UK whenever our founder is up in Nigeria visiting.
Sound like the job for you? Send your CV to email@example.com including a cover letter providing the following information:
- Full Name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Date of Birth
- Where are you located
- Your website / Blog URL / Authored content URL
- Twitter username / Instagram username
- How soon will you be able to start
- Expected salary per month in naira
- Hours you can do weekly
- Share a brief note about yourself, what you currently do, work experience and why you feel you are the best fit for the role
- Anything else you want us to know